Skip to main content

A Home Isn't Built In A Day

Waiting is the hardest thing in the world for an impatient person like me. I struggle to keep from bouncing around when I have to wait for something.

The hubby and I were discussing it one day and we agreed that I think things through till I've become obsessed and then when I've made up my mind, I want it done that exact moment!

It's my nature to just go for it the moment my mind is made up. Mind you, this doesn't always work in my favor. I am aware of that.

Here's what I am so excited and anxious about... the hubs and I have been approved by the bank for a loan to build the house. Yes. I. Just. Said. Approved!! Insert me jumping up and down in excitement while fighting back the urge to vomit due to nerves.

So, now that we are approved, it's in our hands whether we decide to go for it. You may think, we'll you're approved, what are you waiting for?

Wellll.... We first kind of wanted to see how the whole fiscal cliff thing was going to work out and second even though we are approved, there is so much money involved that its scary to sign on the dotted line and last but certainly not least is a little decision called, picking a contractor.

Right now the big thing I am waiting on is the estimate to come in from two separate contractors that I am working with. They each have a basic floor plan that I picked out and they are suppose to be doing the tweaking to make those plans fit in my budget.

The hardest part is waiting for them to call or email me back. I know they are busy and I know they are doing this free estimate for me, but I am finding it hard not to pick up the phone and see how much longer.

My one contractor had hoped to have the plans to me by Christmas, but I know how the holidays get crazy so I'm still waiting. I am also not calling. I don't want to be that pushy, overbearing, crazy woman. But I also don't want to be a push over either.

I'm not sure where that fine balance is.

So I am waiting and I am sharing it with you because I am pretty sure my husband doesn't want to hear about it anymore and neither does the rest of my family.

In the meantime I am filling my time by using my favorite home interior design app for my iPad. What do you do to fill the time when you are waiting for something and are getting impatient?

Thanks for stopping by and listening. I hope you're having a lovely day!

Ps. I would love to curl up here and read a book.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

I was cleaning today, which gave me time to think, and thinking always leads me here. The house is 'weekend messy', so decided to clean my floors, because The Nester says if your floors are clean the rest of the house feels clean too, even if it isn’t.  I have found that it is pretty good advice, so when everything else feels chaotic, I clean the floors. Of course for me, cleaning the floors also means picking up the toys, shoes, clothes, etc. so that I can even begin to vacuum, which naturally leads to a cleaner home as well.  While cleaning up I began to think about how this blog has evolved over the years, from a desire to write like The Nester about home, into what it is now.  I started writing this blog when I was dreaming of building a new home. Then plans changed, life took turns, and we ended up in a home so different than I expected and so perfect for our family. Somewhere along the way I realized that home wasn’t in the walls that went up or in the co

From My Christmas Wish List to Yours!

One of my favorite stores, West Elm, has now opened a special section called The Market. It specializes in kitchen, garden and personal care. Lets just say I am in love. If I had unlimited resources to spend in one store to do a total overhaul on my house, it would be West Elm, and now with the new Market, I am in lust too. So here are a few of my favorites. Check it out and maybe you'll get some great Christmas ideas for someone on your list. Or maybe my hubby will see this and get a great idea for me! Hint, hint! Enjoy! Incredibly large, amazing cutting board . I've seen these boards doubling as art hanging on the wall, then they take up no storage space! Cast iron Dutch oven . Great for one-pot meals. These glass jars come in varying sizes. I'm thinking they would work well for brown sugar with that rubber seal. I would definitely get plenty of use out of a cheese knife set during the holidays and all year round. Copper measuring spoons . Seriously? Fantastic

The Farmer

I trust that, by now, you have all seen the commercial heard round the world. You know, the one that stopped all action and silenced a nation when the soft rumble of that voice drifted into living rooms on a Super Bowl Sunday. Yes that commercial . Paul Harvey's voice, unmistakable in its sincerity and beauty, spoke of a people whom work from sun up till sun down with no recognition. He spoke of a people whom care for their baby animals and pour their blood, sweat and tears into helping them grow. He spoke of a people, so foreign to many in the world today. He spoke of a people whom many have forgotten. He spoke of a people; my people. The farmer. I am a fourth generation farmer married to a fourth generation farmer. Together we are raising the fifth generation. We don't do it because its easy, it's not. The hours my husband spends working rival that of any doctor or lawyer I have ever met. We don't do it because it's profitable, some years it&#