Skip to main content

Moved In and the Pictures to Prove It!

There are boxes everywhere. Boxes in the kitchen. Boxes in the bathroom.

Boxes stacked on top of boxes. Boxes stacked on top of boxes, stacked on top of boxes.

Do you know what that means?! 

It means we moved! 

We started on Saturday, and as much as I thought I had prepared, I wasn't nearly prepared enough. Things should have been more organized, and things should have been better packed, but that didn't stop us. 

We made sure the beds were one of the first things that went over to Lucky, so that they could be put together and we could sleep there on Saturday night. 

I wanted the kiddos to feel comfortable and have real beds made, not just mattresses thrown on the floor. 

A million trips were made between Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully we were moving less than a quarter of a mile! 

We have three nights sleeping here under our belts now and I am so content. 

There is still plenty to do, in fact I should probably be doing something house related rather than writing right now, but that won't stop me from sharing some sneak peaks with you! 

We still have trim work to complete, and my kitchen sink and dishwasher still need to be hooked up, but other than that we are up and running. I have a farm sink in the entry that I am using for now, until the plumbers come to hook up the kitchen sink. 

Oh, and there is no door on the bathroom... but the bathroom is on the end of the house and we just say we're going to use the bathroom and the other person steers clear. 

It works for us. It's a small sacrifice to make to be here. I have the door, but it was discovered deep in the back of an outdoor garage and needs a good cleaning. 

I should get on that... 

Oh well, I will show you the in progress photos, which are basically the 'there is stuff everywhere and you can't see much but I am excited and want to share' photos!


Messy entry. 


Pantry with sliding door. 


Bathroom vanity we made from an old buffet.


Basement stair banister. 


Kitchen.
 Kiddos are using the little table and the Hubs and I are eating around an old island. 


Dining room. As soon as the trim is finished, we'll bring the dining table up from the basement.


The view from the dining room. 


Lot's of furniture that needs to find it's place!


The living room. Lots of clothes to fold, but look at those windows!


My office. 
I am writing this, sitting in that chair right there. Long way to go, but I love it anyways!


The view from the other side of my office. 


And finally, the holy grail of parenthood, the kiddos' toy room!

Obviously I have plenty of work to do, but it already feels like home. I have spent so much time working here, that it feels incredible to actually be living here. 

I love that I can work on cooking a meal while finishing a house project. Top on my list of projects;  finish painting and hang the kitchen cabinet doors, clean and mount bathroom door. 

The carpenters need to install the quarter round trim to the baseboards, then I can begin putting furniture into place. 

I'm just taking it one project at a time and I am loving it! 

Any advice on settling in? What room do you focus on first? Have a beautiful day! 

Comments

  1. Wow. You've done a great job. I'd love to see it in person when you finish. Love the panty door!! Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! You're welcome to stop by anytime. Just come out whenever you're in town!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

I was cleaning today, which gave me time to think, and thinking always leads me here. The house is 'weekend messy', so decided to clean my floors, because The Nester says if your floors are clean the rest of the house feels clean too, even if it isn’t.  I have found that it is pretty good advice, so when everything else feels chaotic, I clean the floors. Of course for me, cleaning the floors also means picking up the toys, shoes, clothes, etc. so that I can even begin to vacuum, which naturally leads to a cleaner home as well.  While cleaning up I began to think about how this blog has evolved over the years, from a desire to write like The Nester about home, into what it is now.  I started writing this blog when I was dreaming of building a new home. Then plans changed, life took turns, and we ended up in a home so different than I expected and so perfect for our family. Somewhere along the way I realized that home wasn’t in the walls that went up or in the co

From My Christmas Wish List to Yours!

One of my favorite stores, West Elm, has now opened a special section called The Market. It specializes in kitchen, garden and personal care. Lets just say I am in love. If I had unlimited resources to spend in one store to do a total overhaul on my house, it would be West Elm, and now with the new Market, I am in lust too. So here are a few of my favorites. Check it out and maybe you'll get some great Christmas ideas for someone on your list. Or maybe my hubby will see this and get a great idea for me! Hint, hint! Enjoy! Incredibly large, amazing cutting board . I've seen these boards doubling as art hanging on the wall, then they take up no storage space! Cast iron Dutch oven . Great for one-pot meals. These glass jars come in varying sizes. I'm thinking they would work well for brown sugar with that rubber seal. I would definitely get plenty of use out of a cheese knife set during the holidays and all year round. Copper measuring spoons . Seriously? Fantastic

Happiness

I am a New Years girl. I love goals and check lists and I love the feeling of a fresh start, but resolutions have never been my thing. A few year ago I began picking a word for the year and I found that it works really well for me.  Setting a word for the year has helped me to focus on a quality that I want to grow in myself. Last years word was ‘ intentional ’. It was a full year and in a lot of ways a really hard year. Being intentional with my words, thoughts and actions helped me to really lean into the relationships in my life. The past year felt somber though. It was good and I grew more than I could have imagined, but it also felt serious and deep. I need some relief. This year after praying over it and considering what I would like more of in the coming year, I knew that my word for 2019 had to be 'happiness'. I want more laughter, more spontaneity, more fun in 2019 and none of those things come naturally to me. I thought about words like joy and contentment b